Dr. Philem Pushparani Devi
Dr. Philem Pushpa completed her PhD from CSIR-National Chemical laboratory for her work on structural elucidation and biochemical characterization of a choloylglycine hydrolase like AHL acylase from a marine bacterium, Shewanella loihica PV-4. She joined Centre for Systems Biology and Molecular Medicine (CSBMM) of Yenepoya Research Centre, Yenepoya (Deemed to be University) as a postdoctoral fellow in 2019.
- Lecturer, Biotechnology Department, NIMS Institute of Advance Science and Technology, Jaipur
- Lecturer, Biotechnology Department, Modi Institute of Management and Technology. Kota
- CSIR Research Fellowship for Ph.D – JRF and SRF.
- Best Poster Award, National Science Day celebration at CSIR-NCL, Pune, 2015
Research Interest/ Area
Proteomics of human disease, signaling pathway
- Philem PD, Sonalkar V V, Dharne MS, Prabhune AA (2016) Purification and partial characterization of novel penicillin V acylase from Acinetobacter sp. AP24 isolated from Loktak Lake, an Indo-Burma biodiversity hotspot. Prep Biochem Biotechnol 46(5):524–530.
- Virginia D’britto, Philem PD, B. L. V. Prasad, Alok Dhawan, Vivek G. Mantri And Asmita Prabhune. (2012) Medicinal plant extracts used for blood sugar and obesity therapy shows excellent inhibition of invertase activity: synthesis of nanoparticles using this extract and its cytotoxic and genotoxic effects. Int J Life Sci Ph Res 2(3):61–74.
- Philem PD, Avinash VS, Sila M. Role of a quorum sensing signal, acyl homoserine lactone in a phytobiome. In: Solanki MK, Kashyap PL, Kumari B, Ansari RA. Eds. Phytobiomes: Current Insights and future Vistas. Publisher: Springer Nature.
Dubey P, Philem PD, Nisal AA, Prabhune AA, “Sophorolipid mediated accelerated generation of silk fibroin” US Patent, 2017, No: 20,170,056,551.