Dr. Sudeep D. Ghate
Expeerience : Lecturer in BioSciences for the PG Microbiology course 2016-18.
I obtained my doctoral degree in BioSciences in October 2016, form Mangalore University, India. I joined Yenepoya Research Centre in August 2018 and amcurrently working on human microbiome. My expertise is in Microbial ecology and Mycology.
- First Rank in Master of Science, 2012, Dept. of Biosciences Mangalore University, India.
- INSPIRE Fellowship(IF130237)to pursue Doctoral Studies by DST (Department of Science and Technology), Govt. of India, New Delhi.
- JSPS HOPE Fellow, Japan, 2016.
- Associate Editor – MycoAsia, Journal of Modern Mycology.
Research Interest/Area: Keywords
Mycology, Microbial ecology, HumanMicrobiome, Environment microbiome
My Research focuses on understanding the role of microbiome in the human system, cancer microbiome, oral microbiome and its association with oral health. I am also interested in unraveling the interaction in microbial community structure and its involvement in the ecological processes in aquatic ecosystem using microbiome approach.
- Ghate, S.D. and Sridhar, K.R. 2015. “Diversity of aquatic hyphomycetes in streambed sediments of temporary streamlets of Southwest India,” Fungal Ecology 14, 53-61.
- Ghate, S.D. and Sridhar, K.R. “Endophytic aquatic hyphomycetes in roots of riparian tree species of two Western Ghat streams,” Symbiosis. 71 (3), 233-240.
- Datry T., Foulquier A., Corti R., von Schiller D., Tockner K., Mendoza-Lera C. et al. 2018: A global analysis of terrestrial plant litter dynamics in non-perennial waterways. Nature Geoscience.11, 542doi:10.1038/s41561-018-0134-4.
- Tiegs, S. D., Costello, D. M., Isken, M. W., Woodward, G., McIntyre, P. B., Gessner, M. O., Albariño, R..,… Ghate, S. D.… 2019. Global patterns and drivers of ecosystem functioning in rivers and riparian zones. Science Advances, 5(1).
- Seena, S., Bärlocher, F., Sobral, O., Gessner, M.O., Dudgeon, D., McKie, B.G., Chauvet, E., Boyero, L., Ferreira, V., Frainer, A. Bruder, A., …Ghate, S. D. Biodiversity of leaf litter fungi in streams along a latitudinal gradient. Science of the Total Environment 661.
- Ghate, S.D., and Sridhar, K.R. 2019. “Nutritional Attributes of Two Wild Mushrooms of Southwestern India,” In: Advances in Macrofungi: Diversity, Ecology and Biotechnology Publisher: CRC PressTaylor& Francis Group 106-121.
- Karun, N.C., Sridhar, K.R., Niveditha, V.R. and Ghate, S.D. 2016. “Bioactive potential of two wild edible mushrooms of the Western Ghats of India,” In: Fruits, Vegetables, and Herbs, Chapter: 17, Publisher: Elsevier Inc., Editors: Watson R.R., Preedy V.R., 344-362.
- Ghate, S.D., and Sridhar, K.R. 2015. “Macrofungi in coastal sand dunes and mangroves of Southwest India,” In: Biodiversity in India, Volume # 8, Chapter: 5, Publisher: Regency Publications, New Delhi, Editors: T. Pullaiah, S.S. Rani, 229-246.