Dr. Yashwanth Subbannayya
Dr. Yashwanth Subbannayya obtained his Ph.D. from the Institute of Bioinformatics (IOB)/Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Science, Bangalore. As part of his Ph.D. work, he studied the molecular mechanisms of gastric carcinogenesis in clinical samples using quantitative proteomic approaches. He uses Systems Biology approaches including proteomics, transcriptomics and metabolomics to study innate immunity and cancer biology.
- Post-Doctoral Fellow (May 2018- Present) – Centre of Molecular Inflammation Research (CEMIR), Department of Clinical and Molecular Medicine (IKOM), Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU), Trondheim, Norway
- Assistant Professor (Aug 2017 – May 2018), Center for Systems Biology and Molecular Medicine, Yenepoya (Deemed to be University), Mangaluru-575018
- Faculty Scientist (Jun 2015 – Jul 2017) – YU-IOB Center for Systems Biology and Molecular Medicine, Yenepoya University, Mangaluru-575018
- D. student (Jun 2008 – May 2015) – Institute of Bioinformatics (IOB), Bangalore
- Junior Research Fellow (Oct 2007 – May 2008) – Department of Clinical Proteomics and Molecular Medicine, St. John’s Research Institute, Bangalore
- Project Assistant (Mar 2007 -Jun 2007) – Department of Biotechnology, Manipal Life Science Centre, Manipal
Honors And Awards
- UGC Junior Research Fellow, University Grants Commission, Government of India, 2008-2011
- UGC Senior Research Fellow, University Grants Commission, Government of India, 2011-2013
- Award for excellence in performance at the Targeted Proteomics workshop held at IIT Bombay, Mumbai, India between December 10-14, 2015
- Convenor, National symposium on “Genomics in clinical practice: Future of precision medicine” held at Yenepoya University on June 1 and 2, 2016
Innate immunity and cancer biology
- Subbannayya, Y., Pinto, S. M., Bösl, K., Keshava Prasad, T. S.,Kandasamy, R. K. (2019). Dynamics of dual specificity phosphatases and their interplay with protein kinases in immune signaling. International Journal of Molecular Sciences. 20(9). pii: E2086
- Kulkarni, S., Abdulla, R., Jose, M., Adyanthaya, S., Rex, D.A.B., Patil, A. H., Pinto, S.M., Subbannayya, Y.* Data-driven analysis identifies laminin-integrin-mediated signaling pathway as a determinant for cell differentiation in oral squamous cell carcinoma (2019). Indian Journal of Pathology and Microbiology. (In press). (* Corresponding author)
- Bhat, S. A., Gurtoo. S., Deolankar, S. C., Fazili, K. M., Advani, J., Shetty, R., Prasad, T. S. K., Andrabi, S.*, Subbannayya, Y.* (2019). A network map of netrin receptor UNC5B-mediated signaling. Journal of Cell Communication and Signaling. 13:121. (* Corresponding authors).
- Subbannayya, Y., Mir, S. A., Renuse, S., Manda, S. S., Pinto, S. M., Puttamallesh, V. N., Solanki, H. S., Manju, H .C., Syed, N., Sharma, R., Christopher, R., Vijayakumar, M., Veerendra Kumar, K. V., Prasad, T. S. K., Ramaswamy, G., Kumar, R. V., Chatterjee, A., Pandey, A. and Gowda, H. (2015). Identification of differentially expressed serum proteins in gastric adenocarcinoma.Journal of Proteomics. 127(Pt A):80-8.
- Subbannayya, Y., Syed, N., Barbhuiya, M. A., Raja, R., Marimuthu, A., Sahasrabuddhe, N. A., Pinto, S. M., Manda, S. S., Renuse, S., Manju, H. C., Zameer, M. A. L., Sharma, J., Brait, M., Srikumar, K., Roa, J. C., Vijaya Kumar, M., Veerendra Kumar, K. V., Prasad, T. S. K., Ramaswamy, G., Kumar, R. V., Pandey, A., Gowda, H. and Chatterjee, A. (2015). Calcium calmodulin dependent kinase kinase 2 – a novel therapeutic target for gastric adenocarcinoma. Cancer Biology and Therapy .6, 336-345.
- Pinto, S. M., Subbannayya, Y., Prasad, T. S. K. (2019). Functional Proteomic Analysis to Characterize Signaling Crosstalk. Functional Proteomics: Methods and Protocols. X. Wang and M. Kuruc. New York, NY, Springer New York: 197-224.
Riaz Abdulla, Anwar Asif, Hafiz Johan, Sneha Pinto, Yashwanth S, Rekha P.D., Arun A. B., Farhaad Y. (2017). Biomarker for diagnosing Oral cancer. Patent#: TEMP/E- 1/16080/2017-CHE