Nija. R. J.
M.Tech. (Area): Nanomedical Sciences
I have completed M.Tech Nanomedical Sciences (2017-2019) from Amrita Centre for Nanosciences and Molecular Medicine (ACNSMM), Amrita Vishwa Vidhyapeetham, Kochi, Kerala. My master’s dissertation was “Identification of extracellular traps in Neutrophils, Monocytes and Lymphocytes by flow cytometry”, under the guidance of Dr. Ullas Mony, Assistant Professor, ACNSMM.
- Junior Research Fellow (Aug 2020 – till date) – Yenepoya Research Centre, Yenepoya (Deemed to be University)
- Post graduation Program was awarded by Department of Science and Technology (DST) fellowship, 2017-2019
- Under graduation final year project was fully funded by Kerala State Council for Science, Technology and Environment (KSCSTE), 2017
- Won the first prize in best project contest (SAMAGRA) conducted by the research wing of Mohandas College of Engineering and Technology, Trivandrum, titled “Isolation, Sequencing and Amplification of Cholesterol oxidase gene from Bacillus sonorensis”, 16th June 2017
- Secured first place in paper presentation competition on titled “Isolation, Sequencing and Amplification of Cholesterol oxidase gene from Bacillus sonorensis” conducted in connection with COLLOQUIUM’17 (Technical fest) from Mohandas College of Engineering and Technology, Trivandrum, 16th June 2017
Noncoding RNAs (microRNA/LncRNAs), Skeletal and cardiac muscle biology
Currently I am working on the effects of vitamin D during early and late myogenic differentiations using in vitro cell line(s) and further assess its impact on the non-coding regulatory networks and signaling dynamics. This research work will provide insights into the important roles of non-coding regulatory networks during vitamin D signaling and skeletal muscle differentiations.
- Nija, R.J., Sanju, S., Sidharthan, N. and Mony, U., 2020. Extracellular Trap by Blood Cells: Clinical Implications. Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine, pp.1-13.
- Sanjeev, A., Nair, K.K., Nija, R.J., Dharan, A.T., Nazeer, N., Ananthavishnu, S.G. and Roopa, P., 2018. Isolation and Characterisation of Cholesterol Biodegrading Bacteria from Industrial Waste, Partial Purification of Cholesterol Oxidase, its Bioreactor and Application Studies. J. Pure App. Biosci, 6(1), pp.713-720.