- What is the University Ranking / Accreditation Status?
Yenepoya (deemed to be University) has been ranked 92 by National Institutional Ranking Framework, MHRD, Govt. of India 2018. It is accredited by NAAC with ‘A’ Grade in 2015 effective till 2020. The university is recognized by UGC under section 3(A) of the UGC Act 1956 as per notification number F 9-11/2007 U-3 dated 27-02-2007. The MSc. Bioscience program is approved by University Grants Commission, New Delhi.
2. What is the selection procedure for admission to M.Sc. Bioscience?
M.Sc. Bioscience admission selection is based on merit. Eligibility is bachelors in any branch of Life Sciences related subjects including BTech Biotechnology.
3. Is there any aptitude/Entrance test in the selection procedure for admission to M.Sc. Bioscience?
No. It is purely based on the marks obtained in the undergraduate course.
4. I am a Diploma holder, am I eligible to apply to M.Sc. Bioscience?
5. When does the semester start?
Semester starts from 6th of September, 2021.
6. When is the last date for application?
Last date for submission of applications is 31st of August, 2021.
7. How much does this program cost?
INR 60,000 per annum for Indian nationals. Foreign Nationals are also eligible.
Tution + Exam fees for 2 semesters: INR 50000+10000
Hostel Fees: INR 6000 per month (approx) including vegetarian food.
Non-vegetarian food is arranged at an extra cost.
8. Is accommodation available to students?
Yes, we have separate hostel facilitates for boys and girls.
9. How is the campus environment?
The Campus is extremely safe and is guarded 24X7 hours with security personnel and CC camera. Ours is an eco- friendly environment with no smoking, plastic free, clean and green campus.
10. What can I do after completing my Masters course?
You can look for jobs in various position in the Biotech sector both academia and industry. You can also apply for jobs abroad. You can also opt for research career and PhD with good fellowship. Placement help is available.
11. Can I visit the Research Centre?
Yes, you can visit the Research Centre by sending a prior email to email@example.com. We would be happy to show you the existing facilities.
12. Does the University have Sports and Gym facilities?
Yes, the university encourages people in sports activity and has a state-of the art sports facility ‘YENdurance Zone’ on the campus.
13. What advantages will I have being in Mangalore?
Mangalore though being a Tier II city is an education hub and turning up to be a Biotech hub with more than 7 medical colleges and several engineering colleges. Biotech companies like Syngene has already set up a manufacturing facility and there would be a Marine Biotech Park. Mangalore has less traffic and pollution compared to metropolitan cities. It has several beaches and surrounded by the scenic western ghat.
14. Can I continue with my research at the University?
Yes, Interested Master’s students can enrol for their PhD. They will be also trained to compete for national fellowship examinations like CSIR NET and GATE so that they have their own fellowship.
15. Can I study part time or in distance mode?
No, this a full time course on campus.
16. Is there any application fee?
No, there is no application fee. Applicants can directly fill up the online form available at https://yenepoya.res.in/service/application-form/
17. Where can I get information of the faculties teaching the course?
Please visit https://yenepoya.res.in/faculty/
18. I have some doubts regarding admission, whom should I contact?
You may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
19. Where can I obtain more information of the University and the course?
Please visit: https://yenepoya.res.in/ (Yenepoya Research Centre)
https://yenepoya.res.in/service/masters_msc_bioscience/ (MSc program)