Dr. Bhagwan Rekadwad
Dr. Bhagwan Rekadwad received his PhD in 2014 from the SRTM University, where he specialized in microbial ecology and extremophiles. Later on, he joined for the postdoc research at SRTM University and National Centre for Cell Science (Pune). In late 2019, he joined as an Assistant Professor at the Institute of Bioinformatics and Biotechnology, Savitribai Phule Pune University, Pune, India. His research focuses on Evolutionary Microbiology, Microbial Systematics and Taxonomy, Extremophiles, Systems Microbiology, Origin of Life and Nucleic Acids Research. Dr. Bhagwan regularly serves as a Subject Expert on Grant Panel Review Boards both nationally and internationally. He is a European Commission’s Horizon 2020 Expert Evaluator from 2014 to the present; he serves as an Editor and Advisory in International Journals.
- 2020 – Present: Assistant Professor, Yenepoya Research Centre, Yenepoya (Deemed to be University), Mangalore, Karnataka, IN
- 2019 – 2020: Assistant Professor, Institute of Bioinformatics and Biotechnology, Savitribai Phule Pune University, Pune, IN
- 2017 – 2019: Postdoc, National Centre for Cell Science, Pune, IN
- 2014 – 2017: Postdoctoral Fellow, SRTM University, Nanded, IN
- Aug 2020– Sept 2020: Researcher, CSIR-National Chemical Laboratory, Pune, IN
- 2018 – International Travel Grant, DST-SERB, Govt. of India (GOI)
- 2018 – International Travel Bursary Award, Immunology Foundation, IN
- 2014 – Postdoc Award, UGC, IN
- 2018 – present – Life Member, Association of Microbiologists of IN
- 2017 – 2019 – Member, Society for Applied Microbiology, UK
- 2015 – present – Member, Bergey’s International Society for Microbial Systematics, USA
Microbiology, Evolutionary Microbiology, Microbial Systematics and Taxonomy, Extremophiles, Systems Microbiology, Origin of Life and Nucleic Acids Research.
Earth’s extreme environment is poorly understood niche for novel organisms, lives saving molecules and gives a clue of origin of life. The group employs an integrated approach to study microbial ecology specifically systematics and taxonomy, biological-dark matter and classified Phylum(s)/Genus/species. Dr. Bhagwan uses an evidence-based approach for the primordial ramification of pre-biotic soup and concoction responsible for the reconstruction of cell plan evolution. He employs basic and advanced approaches such as DNA/RNA Sequencing, Core-Genome-based Bioinformatics investigations (CGIB) to uncover dynasty of microbial evolution and nucleic acids research.
Dr. Rekadwad has more than 25 publications in peer-reviewed journals. Complete list of publications can be found here:
We have space to acquire PhDs and Postdoc in our research area. Interested candidate can write to Bhagwan.