Dr. Bhagya N.
PhD, Mangalore University, India
MSc, Mangalore University, India
I obtained my Ph.D. in 2013 from Mangalore University for the work on indirect somatic embryogenesis mediated plantlet regeneration and production of bioactive metabolites from in vitro grown cultures. Further, I was awarded with Post Doctoral fellowship for Women from University Grants Commission, New Delhi to work on anticancer potential of alkaloids and associated molecular mechanisms at Mangalore University. Recently, I joined Centre for Systems Biology and Molecular Medicine (CSBMM) at Yenepoya Research Centre, Yenepoya (Deemed to be University) and I am working on plant proteomics and metabolites. Also, I am a reviewer for the Journal of Proteins and Proteomics.
- Assistant Professor (2019-till date) – Center for Systems Biology and Molecular Medicine (CSBMM), Yenepoya Research Centre, Yenepoya (Deemed to be University), Mangaluru
- Lecturer (2005 -2008) – St. Aloysius College, Mangaluru
Honors and Awards
- Post Doctoral Fellowship for Women, 2012-13
- DS Kothari Post Doctoral Fellowship, UGC, India, 2013-14 (not availed)
- DST Start-Up scheme award, 2014 (not availed)
- Karnataka State Eligibility Test for Lectureship (KSET), 2013
- Senior Research Fellowship, VGST, Department of IT, BT and S & T, Govt. of Karnataka, India, 2012 – 2013
- Junior Research Fellowship, UGC-RFSMS, New Delhi, India 2008 – 2012
Bhagya, N., Chandrashekar, K. R. (2017). A process for the extraction and purification of tetrandrine. Indian patent; 201741016069. Publication date: 16/06/2017. Under examination