Dr. Mohammad Arefian
Arefian.email@example.com , Arefian@yenepoya.edu.in
I obtained my Ph.D. from Plant Biotechnology and Breeding Department, Ferdowsi University of Mashhad, Iran in 2018; wherein I evaluated the effect of salinity stress on chickpea at physiological, gene expression and proteome levels. Currently, my post-doctoral research is mostly focused on salt-response mechanisms in Arabidopsis thaliana mutants using Data-independent acquisition methods.
- Post-Doctoral Fellow (2019-till date) – Center for Systems Biology and Molecular Medicine, Mangalore, India
- Senior Research Fellow (2017-2018) – Ferdowsi University of Mashhad, Iran
- Project Assistant (2015-2017) Ferdowsi University of Mashhad, Iran
Plant Physiology, Genomics, Proteomics, and Post-translational modifications
We are interested in dissection of signaling pathways and protein–protein interaction network in Arabidopsis as a model plant.
- Arefian M, Vessal S, Malekzadeh S, Bagheri A and Siddique K, (2019), Comparative proteomics and gene expression analysis revealed novel responsive proteins and mechanisms for salt tolerance in chickpea genotypes. BMC Plant Biology.
- Arefian M, Vessal, S, Shafaroudi, SM, and Bagheri A, (2017), Comparative Analysis of the Reaction to Salinity of Different Chickpea (Cicer aretinum L.) Genotypes: A Biochemical, Enzymatic and Transcriptional Study. Journal of Plant Growth Regulation. 37:391-402.
- Arefian M, and Shafaroudi, SM, (2015), Physiological and gene expression analysis of extreme chickpea (Cicer arietinum L.) genotypes in response to salinity. Acta Physiologiae Plantarum 37:1-11.
- Arefian M, Vessal, S, and Bagheri A, (2014), Biochemical changes in response to salinity in chickpea (Cicer arietinum L.) During early stages of seedling growth. Journal of Animal and Plant Science, 24:1849-1857.
- Arefian M, Vessal, S, and Bagheri A, (2014), Trend of changes for morphophysiological characteristics of chickpea (Cicer arietinum L.) under salinity stress (NaCl) condition.