Dr. Sudheer Shenoy P.
PhD, Kuvempu University, India
MSc, Kasturba Medical College, India
Dr. Sudheer Shenoy P. obtained his M.Sc. in Medical Biochemistry from Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore and Ph.D. in Biochemistry from Department of studies in Biochemistry Kuvempu University, Davanagere, where he worked on Anti-cancer properties of some novel heterocyclic compounds related to Ellipticine (Drug-DNA interactions). Dr. Shenoy did his post- doctoral studies at National University of Singapore (NUS) and Nanyang Technological University Singapore on various aspects of stem cells related to maintenance of pluripotency of embryonic stem cells and Skeletal Muscle Biology (Sarcopenia).
Dr. Shenoy is currently working as Associate Professor at Yenepoya Research Center, Yenepoya (Deemed to be University) where his research focuses on Skeletal muscle wasting disorders, Skeletal and non-skeletal fluorosis, Generation of pancreatic beta cells from pluripotent stem cells, Chemical induced transformation studies.
- Associate Professor (Oct 2017- till date) – Yenepoya Research Center, Yenepoya (Deemed to be University), Mangalore, Karnataka, India
- Assistant Professor (April 2015- Sep 2017) – Yenepoya Research Center, Yenepoya (Deemed to be University), Mangalore, Karnataka
- Post doctoral Research Fellow (Sep 2010- March 2015) – School of Biological Sciences, Nanyang Technological University, 50 Nanyang Ave, Singapore
- Post doctoral Research Fellow (Sep 2008- March 2010) – Department of Biological Sciences, National University of Singapore, 21 Lower Kent Ridge Rd, Singapore
- Senior Research Scientist (May 2001- Aug 2008) – Embryonic Stem Cell Division, Reliance Life Sciences, DALSC, Rabale, Navi-Mumbai, India
- Lecturer, (Jan 1999-April 2001) – J.J.M.Medical College, Davangere, Karnataka, India
Regenerative stem cells (basic biology and translational/cell therapy) and Tissue Engineering (Basic and translational)
- Shenoy PS*, Sen U, Kapoor S, Ranade AV, Chowdhury CR, Bose B*. Sodium fluoride induced skeletal muscle changes: Degradation of proteins and signaling mechanism. Environmental pollution. 2019 Jan 1;244:534-48.
- Shenoy PS*, Bose B*. Hepatic perivascular mesenchymal stem cells with myogenic properties. Journal of tissue engineering and regenerative medicine. 2018 Mar;12(3):e1297-310.
- Bose B, Shenoy PS*, Konda S, Wangikar P. Human embryonic stem cell differentiation into insulin secreting β‐cells for diabetes. Cell biology international. 2012 Nov;36(11):1013-20.
- Bose B, Shenoy PS*. Aging induced loss of stemness with concomitant gain of myogenic properties of a pure population of CD34+/CD45− muscle derived stem cells. The international journal of biochemistry & cell biology. 2016 Jan 1;70:1-2.
- Ghosh D, Shenoy PS*, Kuchroo P. Cultured melanocytes: from skin biopsy to transplantation. Cell transplantation. 2008 Mar;17(3):351-60.
- Skeletal muscle fluorosis; effect of fluoride on skeletal muscle cells, and its associated mechanisms in-vitro and in-vivo studies. [EMR/2017/000591 DST- SERB, Govt. of India]. (32 lakhs)
- Assessment of cellular and molecular changes with response to thoron inhalation in mice. [36(4)/14/51/2016-BRNS, DAE, Govt of India]. (43 lakhs)
- Ghosh D, Shenoy PS*, inventors; Reliance Life Sciences Pvt Ltd, assignee. Device for culturing and transporting cells. United States patent US 7,713,734. 2010 May 11.
- Ghosh D, Shenoy PS*, Kuchroo P, Shah V, inventors; Reliance Life Sciences Pvt Ltd, assignee. Cultured Melanocytes on Bioploymer Membranes for Treatment of Hyper and Hypopigmentation Disorders. United States patent application US 11/872,431. 2008 Apr 17.
- Ghosh D, Kuchroo P, Shenoy PS* inventors; Reliance Life Sciences Pvt Ltd, assignee. Interactive wound cover. United States patent application US 11/705,032. 2007 Nov 8.