Ms. Aparna Hegde
Clinical Research Coordinator
MSc, Bangalore University, India
I completed my MSc in Microbiology form Bangalore University in the year 2006, went on to do PG diploma in Clinical Research and Regulatory affairs from Manipal University. I completed my second masters in Hospital Administration from Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences in 2016, along with additional PG diploma in Diabetes education (2011) and PG diploma in Industrial relations and Personnel Management (2014).
I gained experience working in the field of clinical trials and am currently working as a liaison between the clinicians and the basic scientists to enhance research output by pooling in the expertise from diverse areas. My role here also involves facilitating Clinical trials in the organization, involving in consultancy/ collaborative work and so on.
- Currently working as Research Coordinator at Yenepoya Research Centre, Yenepoya (Deemed to be University), Mangalore Since Dec 2016
- Worked as Sr. Site Solutions Executive (operations) from Oct 2012 – Aug 2014 for CyteSpace Research (India) Private Limited
- Worked as Site Solutions Executive (operations) from Jun 2011 – Sep 2012 for CyteSpace Research (India) Private Limited.
- Worked as Clinical research coordinator from May 2010 – May 2011 for Quintiles Research (India) Private Limited
- Worked as Clinical research coordinator from Sep 2008 – Feb 2009 for Quintiles Research (India) Private Limited
- Four months of experience in the role of Clinical Research coordinator in KMC hospital Mangalore
Bariatric surgery, Obesity, Diabetes, Clinical trials and Molecular biology
- Ismail M, Nagaraj D, Rajagopal M, Ansari H, Nair M, Hegde A, Rekha PD* Long term outcome from sleeve gastrectomy: 7 year follow up study. Obesity Surgery. 2018 Sep 20.
- Manish Khaitan, Aparna Hegde, PD Rekha. Bariatric Surgery in Immunocompromised Patients: Outcomes from One Year Follow-up. Obesity Surgery. 2018; ;28(9):2811-2814.