Priya Swetha Dsouza P.
MSc (Area): Microbiology
I received my Masters degree in Microbiology from Mangalore University PG center. During my Masters project, I worked on “Microbiological and chemical analysis of raw and pure water in a pharma industry” and also on “Tannase production by Aspergillus niger by submerged fermentation”. I have carried out the chemical and microbiological analysis of pure water, which is used for the synthesis of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (API). I have also worked on producing tannase from fungal source by both solid-state fermentation and submerged fermentation. I have attended national and international conferences during my postgraduate study. Currently I’m a DST-Inspire Fellow at Yenepoya (Deemed to be University). I’m interested in studying Graphene oxide nano-composites and their biomedical applications.
- Junior research fellow (August 2015 – till date) – Yenepoya Research Centre, Yenepoya (Deemed to be University), Magaluru – 575018
- DST-Inspire Fellowship
- First place in the inter-University South Zone Research Convention held at Tumkur University on Feb 14th-15th, 2017.
Nanomaterial synthesis, characterization, biosensors
At Yenepoya University I’m interested in developing Graphene based nanobiosensors for various biological compounds. My aim is to synthesize graphene oxide nano-composites, their characterization, and use this synthesized composites for the detection of biomolecules, which is a need of hour in the biomedical applications.
- Priya Swetha PD, Manisha H, Sudhakaraprasad K. Graphene and Graphene‐Based Materials in Biomedical Science. Particle & Particle Systems Characterization. 2018 Aug;35(8):1800105.
- Priya Swetha PD, Manisha H, Bakar SA, Shim YB, Prasad KS. Antimicrobial Properties of Sonochemically Treated Graphene Oxides Sheets. Materials Today: Proceedings. 2018 Jan 1;5(8):16669-74.
- Manisha H, Swetha PDP, Shim YB, Prasad KS. Microwave assisted synthesis of hybrid Cu2O microcubes for photocatalysis and electrocatalysis. Materials Today: Proceedings. 2018 Jan 1;5(8):16390-3.
- Manisha H, Shwetha PDP, Prasad KS. Low-cost paper analytical devices for environmental and biomedical sensing applications. In Environmental, Chemical and Medical Sensors 2018 (pp. 315-341). Springer, Singapore.