MSc (Area): Master of Computer Application
Sandeep Kasaragod obtained his Masters from Mangalore University. During his masters he worked on a project entitled “Iris recognition using Daughman’s algorithm”. He worked as a web developer in Blueline computers Pvt. Ltd. At CSBMM, he is involved in genomic and proteomic data analysis. He is presently working in the area of cancer proteogenomics.
- ICMR SRF fellow (May 2018 – till date) – Center for Systems Biology and Molecular Medicine (CSBMM)
- Junior Research Fellow (Apr 2015 – Apr 2018) – Center for Systems Biology and Molecular Medicine (CSBMM)
- ICMR SRF
Genomics, Proteomics, Cancer genomics, Bioinformatics
His current research is focused on identifying the potential variants from high throughput cancer genomics and proteomics. Here He will be developing the tools and workflow to identify the functional variants.
- Mohanty, V., Subbannayya, Y., Najar, M. A., Pinto, S. M., Kasaragod, S., Karuppiah, H., Sreeramulu, B., Singh, K. K., Dalal, S., Manikkoth, S., Arunachalam, C., Prasad, T. S. K. and Murthy, K. R. (2019). Proteomics and visual health research: Proteome of the human sclera using high-resolution mass spectrometry. OMICS: A Journal of Integrative Biology.
- Patil, A. H., Datta, K. K., Behera, S. K., Kasaragod, S., Pinto, S. M., Koyangana, S. G., Mathur, P. P., Gowda, H., Pandey, A. and Prasad T. S. K. (2018). Dissecting Candida pathobiology: Post-translational modifications on the Candida tropicalis OMICS: A Journal of Integrative Biology.
- Subba, S., Pinto, S. M., Kasaragod, S., Chatterjee, O., Najar, A. M. and Prasad, T. S. K. (2018). Nuclear proteome of an orphan legume – Cajanus cajan Journal of Proteins and Proteomics.