MTech (Area): Biotechnology and Biochemical Engineering
Mrs. Sapna Kannan completed Master in Technology in Biotechnology and Biochemical Engineering (2012-2014) from Kerala University. During her master’s thesis, she worked on a project entitled “Comparison of Perchlorate (Rocket Fuel) degradation by consortium and individual strains” at CSIR-NIIST Trivandrum. Later shejoined Yenepoya Research Centre in September, 2017 andis working on ICMR project entitled as “Early diagnosis of Leptospirosis using Immunocarbon nanotubes”.
- Junior Research Fellow (Sep 2017- Till date) – Yenepoya Research Centre, Yenepoya (Deemed to be University)
- Adhoc Research Fellow (Oct 2016- Aug 2017) – Inter University Centre for Bioscience, Kannur University
- Qualified GATE 2014 – Biotechnology paper (Score – 452, Percentile – 92.55)
- ICMR Senior Research Fellowship (2019)
Carbon nanomaterials, Biosensor, infectious pathogens
Mrs. Sapna Kannan is currently working on the PhD tittle “Carbon nanomaterial based biosensor for diagnosis of leptospirosis”. The objectives of the study includesDetection of Leptospirain patient serum using Immuno-SWCNT by fluorescent microscopy and electrochemical method. Followed by comparison to the gold standard.
- K. Sudhakaraprasad, Arun A. B. and Sapna Kannan, “Electrochemical biosensor and method for diagnosing Leptospirosis” Indian Patent, Provisional specification, 2018, No: 201941047489.