MSc (Area): Biotechnology
Shanooja Shanavas joined Yenepoya Research Centre as a CSIR – Junior Research Fellow in June 2020. She is a postgraduate in Biotechnology from Kannur University, Kerala, in 2010. She worked as an Assistant Professor in the Department of Biotechnology, Sir Syed Institute for Technical Studies, Taliparamba, Kannur, Kerala, from June 2013 to May 2020. She has organized and conducted a National Seminar ‘Recent Advances in Biosciences’, an University level Biotechnology Conference (UBOC), and a Short-term Training course on ‘Plant Biotechnology and Molecular Biology’ during her tenure at Sir Syed Institute for Technical Studies. She has also worked as an External Faculty at Lourde Institute of Allied Health Sciences, Kannur, Kerala. Her expertise is in Real-time PCR, cDNA Construction, Nucleic acid Isolation and BCR-ABL Typing.
- Assistant Professor (Jun 2013 – May 2020) – Department of Biotechnology, Sir Syed Institute for Technical Studies, Taliparamba, Kannur, Kerala
- Qualified CSIR-JRF with AIR 63 in joint CSIR-UGC NET Exam, December 2017
- Qualified ICAR-NET in ARS-NET Exam, August 2016
- Third Rank holder in M.Sc. Biotechnology at the University level
- Second Rank holder in B.Sc. Biotechnology at the University level
- Acquired A+ grade in the Orientation Examination on Cancer Biology conducted by Regional Cancer Centre, Trivandrum, Kerala
Colon cancer stem cells
Currently, she is working on Modulation of Colon Cancer Stem Cells using Water soluble Vitamin – Vitamin C and associated Mechanisms in vitro and in vivo.