M.Sc (Area): Microbiology
I have completed my Masters’s in Microbiology in 2019 from HNB Garhwal Central University, Uttarakhand. Then I worked for 2 months in Unimedicolabs, Dehradun as a quality control microbiologist. I qualified the ICAR-JRF in 2019 and ICAR-ARSB NET LS in 2020. Now I am currently doing my Ph.D. under Dr. Rajesh P Shastry from Yenepoya Research Centre and other than that I am working as a JRF in DST-SYST project.
- Junior Research Fellow (2019-till date) – Yenepoya Research Centre, Yenepoya (Deemed to be University), Mangaluru-575018
- Trainee Chemist (Apr 2019 -Jun 2019) – QC Microbiology Department at Uni Medicolabs, Uttarakhand, India
- Best E-short presentation award in International Conference on advances in Biosciences and Biotechnology in 2022
- Qualified ICAR-ARSB NET 2020
- Qualified ICAR-JRF-2019
Microbiology, Biosensors, Nanotechnology and Immunology
I am working on the development of microfluidic devices which will help in the early detection of neonatal sepsis. The device will work based on the principle of Loop-mediated isothermal amplification-based assay. Other than that, I am working on a DST-SYST project under the guidance of Dr. Rajesh P Shastry.
- Shastry RP, Ghate SD, Banerjee S. Culture dependent and independent detection of multiple extended beta-lactamase producing and biofilm forming Salmonella species from leafy vegetables. Biocatalysis and Agricultural Biotechnology. 2021 Nov 1;38:102202.