MSc (Area): Biosciences
I have completed my graduation in the field of Microbiology from St. Aloysius College, Mangalore and then pursued my post-graduation in Biosciences from Mangalore University. I have been working at Yenepoya Research Centre from 1st of June 2019. Currently I am working as a JRF in BRNS funded project entitled “Development and Investigation of adjuvant therapeutic strategies for treating malignant glioma.”
- Secured the FIRST RANK in MSc. Biosciences. (2016 – 2018)
- Awarded the Darbe Narayana Chowta and Family Cash Prize in MSc. (April 2019)
- Awarded the Dr. K.R Sridhar Merit Award in MSc. (April 2019)
Angiogenesis, Glioma, Cancer therapy
The project aims at adjuvant strategies for treating glioma which includes gamma radiation and lupeol treatment. It also aims to understand the cell signaling alterations associated with lupeol mediated changes in angiogenic pathways in glioma cells exposed to gamma radiation.
- Vinitha Rani, Laveena K.B, Ramya and Chandra M. Antibacterial properties of peel extracts of Punica granatum and as Solanum tuberosum against Human Pathogens. Euro J Biomed Pharm Sci, 2018(5): 766-769.
- Vinitha Rani and Chandra M. Studies on Antifungal and Antioxidant Activity of Plant Extracts against Human Pathogens. World Journal of Pharmaceutical Research. 2018( vol7); 1335-1342.