MSc (Area): Biosciences
I have completed my graduation in the field of Microbiology from St. Aloysius College, Mangalore and then pursued my post-graduation in Biosciences from Mangalore University. I have been working at Yenepoya Research Centre from 1st of June 2019. I have worked as a JRF in BRNS funded project entitled “Development and Investigation of adjuvant therapeutic strategies for treating malignant glioma.” My Ph.D. study involves the development of novel cytotoxic and antiangiogenic nanoformulations to treat malignant glioma.
- Worked as a BRNS Junior Research Fellow in Yenepoya Research Centre from 2019-2021
- Currently working as a Senior Research Fellow in Yenepoya Research Centre
- Secured the FIRST RANK in MSc. Biosciences. (2016 – 2018)
- Awarded the Darbe Narayana Chowta and Family Cash Prize in MSc. (April 2019)
- Awarded the Dr. K.R Sridhar Merit Award in MSc. (April 2019)
Angiogenesis, Glioma, Cancer therapy, Liposomal nanoformulation and Targeted drug delivery
The BRNS project aims at adjuvant strategies for treating glioma which includes gamma radiation and lupeol treatment. It also aims to understand the cell signaling alterations associated with lupeol mediated changes in angiogenic pathways in glioma cells exposed to gamma radiation.
My Ph.D. study involves the development of novel cytotoxic and antiangiogenic nanoformulations to treat malignant glioma wherein we synthesize liposomal nanoformulations loaded with drugs and target it towards U87MG cells and understand its cell signalling alterations associated with angiogenic pathways.
- Rani, V., Venkatesan, J. and Prabhu, A., 2021. Gold nanocrystals as potential inhibitors of tumor angiogenesis: implications in diagnosis and drug delivery. Journal of Nanoparticle Research, 23(7), pp.1-16.
- Rani, V., Venkatesan, J. and Prabhu, A., 2020. Nanotherapeutics in glioma management: advances and future perspectives. Journal of Drug Delivery Science and Technology, 57, p.101626.
- Rani, V., Venkatesan, J. and Prabhu, A., 2022. Plant based polysaccharide nanoparticles for anticancer applications. In Polysaccharide Nanoparticles(pp. 231-246). Elsevier.
- Rani V, Venkatesan J, Prabhu A. Emerging Role of Nanomedicine for Targeted Drug Delivery in Brain Tumor. In Nanotechnology in Medicine 2021 (pp. 123-139). Springer, Cham.
- Rani, V., Prabhu, A., Venkatesan, J. and Kim, S.K., 2021. Seaweed Polysaccharides: Promising Molecules for Biotechnological Applications.
- Rani, V., Venkatesan, J. and Prabhu, A., 2021. Fabrication of Nano-Scaffolding Materials Using Different Techniques and Their Biomedical Applications. In Engineering Materials for Stem Cell Regeneration(pp. 29-45). Springer, Singapore.
- Rani, V. and Prabhu, A., 2021. Combining Angiogenesis Inhibitors with Radiation: Advances and Challenges in Cancer Treatment. Current Pharmaceutical Design, 27(7), pp.919-931.